Thursday 14 April 2011

29 ways to stay creative

Make lists
Carry a notebook everywhere
Try free writing
Get away from the computer
Quit beating yourself up
Take breaks
Sing in the shower
Drink coffee
Listen to new music
Be open
Surround yourself with creative people
Get Feedback
Collaborate
Don't give up
Practice, practice, practice
Allow yourself to make mistakes
Go somewhere new
Count your blessings
Get lots of rest
Take risks
Break the rules
Don't force it
Read a page of the dictionary
Create a framework
Stop trying to be someone else's perfect
Got an idea? Write it down
Clean your workspace
Have fun
Finish something


I've always used my tumblr for creative inspiration, not really specific ideas, but looking at other people's work puts me in a creative mood. But I found this list today so I'm gonna try and do all of these over the next week or so, probably starting with 'get lots of rest' because I'm ill, and document it on this blog. Perfect timing as I'm supposed to be in the middle of my final major project right now, but I've hardly done anything yet :/

No comments:

Post a Comment